As a graduate from Structural and Civil Engineering, many professional fields are open to you. Your future job title could be for instance consulting engineer, practicing engineer, coordinator, development engineer, researcher and/or teacher at a university etc.
Your work tasks may include:
- Construction of e.g. bridges, roads, houses, ocean windmills etc.
- Planning and administration of construction process
- Project management
- Reducing energy consumption
- Foundations of large constructions
- Design of indoor air-conditioning systems
- Calculations in relation to the construction or the construction process
- Choice of building materials
- Optimising the work environment
- Quality control
- Inspection of the building site for security purposes
Aalborg University cooperates with external organisations - both private and public which gives you the opportunity to gain valuable contacts for when you have finished your degree.
Problem based learning and working in groups during your study programme will give you many useful skills that make you an attractive candidate on the job market. You know how to approach a problem and solve it in collaboration with other people, which is often how things are done in the “real world”.