THE MASTER'S PROGRAMME IS NOT OPEN FOR ENROLMENT FROM 2019
This master programme is closed for intake from 2019, but you might be interested in other AAU-programmes within the subject area:
Currently enrolled students continue the programme as planned.
working with autonomous systems
Autonomous Systems is a two-year Master of Science in Technology programme consisting of four semesters worth 30 ECTS each, bringing the total to 120 ECTS.
During the program you will work with practical real life problems in close collaboration with companies across various sectors. You will face the challenges of applying theoretical solutions to real cases, and transferring autonomous systems out of the lab in real environments. Examples of case companies for project work are MAN Diesel & Turbo, Coloplast, Novo Nordisk, Leo Pharma Lundbeck, Thermo-Fisher, Coloplast, Toms, Arla, Velux, Maersk, Grundfos, Vestas and SAS.
1ST SEMESTER: ENGINEERING OF AUTONOMOUS SYSTEMS
1st semester addresses the following themes:
- Use of system engineering tools to model, investigate and select new solutions
- Optimisation of the operations of an autonomous system in a deterministic or stochastic environment
- Improvement of management and performance of autonomous systems
- Engineering of Autonomous Systems (15 ECTS project)
- Systems Engineering & Validation (5 ECTS course)
- Modelling and Control of Mechatronic Systems (5 ECTS course)
- Optimisation, Scheduling and Routing (5 ECTS course)
2ND SEMESTER: INTELLIGENT AUTONOMOUS SYSTEMS
At 2nd semester, you will address the following issues:
- Development of autonomous solutions with advanced sensing, big data, machine learning, vision and perception technologies
- Design of intelligent autonomous systems and networks based on demand characteristics in different industry/business contexts
- Evaluation of performance of intelligent autonomous systems and networks in a dynamic application/commercial environment
- Intelligent Autonomous Systems (15 ECTS project)
- Sensing and Perception (5 ECTS course)
- Machine Learning and Big Data (5 ECTS course)
- Networks of Autonomous Systems (5 ECTS course)
3RD SEMESTER: AUTONOMOUS SYSTEMS IN PRACTICE
During your third semester, you have the opportunity to define your own semester. You may e.g. acquire industrial experience via a traineeship in an international company, study at a foreign university or specialise within a specific area through project work.
- Autonomous systems in practice (30 ECTS)
4TH SEMESTER: INNOVATIVE AUTONOMOUS SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
This semester is dedicated to the Master’s thesis. You will work independently on applying scientific knowledge in novel and innovative ways within relevant application domains. The study groups at this semester are small, and the work situation resembles work situations in the industry. The Master’s thesis may include innovation work, enhancement or research. The Master’s thesis may be a continuation of the project you did on your 3rd semester, or it can deal with a new theme.
- Master’s thesis (30 ECTS)